Tuesday 17 August 2010

Children of a Worthless God - Exodus

Alright, since MM is now going to reflect what we're listening to at any given point, I thought I'd add my 2 cents. With Exodus' "Children of a Worthless God". The moment that incredible opening riff hits, you know you're in for something special. That riff makes Lamb of God look tame, and once the song picks up, you're hooked. For good. Add that the song is 8:25 long, with a monster solo section kicking in at 3:50, and this becomes a track that just keeps itself stuck in your head. I've had it on repeat some 10 times, and the kick is still there. Awesome. The only shame is that the song slams Islamism quite heavily, which I'm not a fan of. There's no need to go and defame another religion, no matter how good your music is.

Music: 10/10
Lyrics: 2/10

1 comment:

  1. Love the album :) I'm not sure about this song, but they bash religion in general throughout the album. The tone is bit too aggressive, but the points valid methinks.

    ReplyDelete